BID SPECIFICATIONS FOR TOWN OF KITTERY
Surplus Vehicles and Equipment
Purpose of the Bid:
The Town of Kittery Maine is disposing of surplus property as provided for in Ordinance Chapter 3.02.10 through sealed bid. Items declared surplus are listed in the enclosed Bid Form.
1. The Town reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids submitted and to split the award to the highest bidders for the surplus items if in the best interest of the Town.
2. Items for bid may have an internal minimum bid that must be met in order for it to be sold. The Town reserves the right to negotiate with the highest bidder who has submitted a bid that is lower than the internal minimum bid threshold.
3. Items for bid are being sold as is and in their present condition. No warranty or liability is provided or assumed with any of the vehicles and equipment declared surplus and listed in this bid by the Town of Kittery.
4. Bidders awarded items are required to pay cash or by bank check or money order made out to the Town of Kittery. Funds must be received by the Chief of Police before the Vehicles are released. All bid transactions are required to take place 14 calendar days following written notice of award by the Chief of Police / Purchasing Agent and shall be so stated in the written communication. If the transaction fails to be completed by the date stated, the award will be made to next highest bidder following the above procedures, if they are still interested.
5. Bidders awarded vehicles will be given title and / or Bill of Sale to the vehicles. However, the bidder removing the vehicle(s) is required to have a temporary plate and proof of insurance, if driven from Town property or have the vehicle towed from the Town Property.
Bid Submittal Requirements:
1. All bids submitted must be made on the bid form enclosed in the Bid Package.
a. Bid forms must be completed and signed and placed in a sealed envelope marked “Bid For Surplus Police Vehicles”.
b. Bids must be submitted by 2:30 PM on Tuesday October 11, 2016 to the Kittery Police Department, Chief of Police, 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, Maine, 03904.
Mail is received by 10:30 AM only. Fax bids will be allowed until noon on Tuesday October 11, 2016 and should have a cover sheet on it marked to the Chief of Police and sent to 207-439-6140.
Dated: September 20, 2016
INVITATION TO BID
Town of Kittery – Four Used Ford Crown Victorias and One Used Toyota Camry
Sealed bids for purchasing from the Town of Kittery, Maine, two 2006 and two 2008Ford Crown Victoria 4-door police vehicles and a 2005 Toyota Camry. Bids will be received by the Chief of Police, Kittery Police Department, 200 Rogers Road, Kittery, ME 03904 until 2:30 PM, Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at which time they will be publicly opened and read. Bids will be submitted on bid forms in sealed envelopes, plainly marked: “Bid for Surplus Police Vehicles”. The vehicles may be viewed at the Kittery Police Department, please contact Sgt. Eaton at 207- 439-1638 to arrange a time. Bid package and forms are available on the Kittery Town web site or by contacting the Police Department.
Chief of Police