How do I get a copy of a police report or accident report?
You can obtain a copy of a police report by either coming to the Police Department during regular business hours, or by calling and requesting a copy of the report be mailed to you.
For copies of motor vehicle accident reports you can also go to to get a copy of your report.

What is the fee for a copy of a report?
The fee is $10.00 for the first 3 pages, and $1.00 per page for each page thereafter. Reports mailed require pre-payment by the requesting person or business, payable by check or money order.
Are Bicycles required by Town Ordinance to be registered?
No, if you reside in Kittery, you may register your bicycle, but it is not required.  This can be done at the Kittery Police Department during normal business hours.  This is a service provided free of charge to Kittery residents.  Please remember to bring your bicycle's information with you, including make, model, color, style, size, and serial number.

Can I get my fingerprints taken at the Police Department?
Yes, if you need your fingerprints taken for a job you are applying for, a securities, insurance or real estate position, visit the Police Department Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Emergency requests will be honored if staffing allows.  This is a free service provided to Kittery residents and those working in Kittery.
When do I have to register my dog(s) and what are the fees?
All dogs need to be licensed by December 31st annually.  The fee to license a dog is $6.00 for Neutered or Spayed dogs, $10.00 for all others.  There is a $15.00 late fee for licenses renewed after the due date.
Is there a leash law ?
All dogs are required to be on a leash unless under the direct control of their owner. All dogs are required to be on a leash while visiting our beaches. The leash ordinance is posted at the beach.

Are tours of the Police Station available?

You can schedule a tour of the Police Station by contacting the supervisor on duty.

Frequently Asked Questions